JEWELRY CARE

 

HOW DO I CLEAN MY JOSE BALLI JEWELRY?

We want you to wear and enjoy your Jose Balli jewelry every day, which is why we offer complimentary professional cleaning on all Jose Balli pieces. You can drop off your jewelry for cleaning at any of our store locations, or mail it to us by going to our CUSTOMER SERVICE page. You can also clean your jewelry at home by using a cotton cloth and mild dish detergent diluted in water. 

Here are some tips to keep your solid sterling silver pieces shiny: Avoid exposing your jewelry to hair spray, body lotions, perfumes, chlorine, household cleaning products or salt water. At night, remove your jewelry and store in a pouch or sealed bag. 

 

WHAT ARE YOUR PIECES MADE OF?

All of our silver jewelry pieces are made of solid sterling silver. "Solid" refers to how the jewelry is made. It means that the design is not hollow, nor does it have just a thin layer of silver. "Sterling", or "925", refers to the type of silver. When a piece is stamped "925", you know that the purity is 92.5% silver by weight with the remaining 7.5% being mostly copper. This silver combination has been around for centuries and has been used in jewelry, flatware & coins. 

 

WHAT IS THE "PATINA" ON JOSE BALLI JEWELRY?

We intentionally apply an antique oxidation to all Jose Balli solid sterling silver pieces to accent the intricately hand-carved details. We do not recommend using silver polish, ultrasonic cleaners or dip-style cleaning solutions, which will remove the patina on your jewelry. If you happen to accidentally remove the patina, we would be glad to repair it. Just reach out to us through our CONTACT US page.

 

SHOULD I BE CAREFUL WEARING MY GEMSTONE JEWELRY?

Yes, gemstones can chip or scratch under the right circumstances, and cannot be repaired. Avoid wearing gemstone rings or bracelets while doing any strenuous activity, including housework, exercise or gardening. 

 

CAN I DAMAGE MY PEARL JEWELRY?

If not handled properly, pearls can lose their natural luster or become scratched. Avoid wearing pearl jewelry while doing any strenuous activity, including housework, exercise and gardening. Adorn yourself with pearl jewelry as a final touch, after cosmetics, hair products, body lotions and perfume. Avoid wearing pearl jewelry in the bath, shower, sauna, swimming pool or ocean. We do not recommend silver polish, ultrasonic cleaners or dip-style cleaning solutions, since they will damage the pearl's luster. 

   

WHY DOES MY LEATHER CORD NO LONGER LOOK NEW?

As leather is worn, it has a natural tendency to give and stretch, especially if exposed to moisture. Avoid wearing your leather jewelry during arduous activities, since leather will absorb perspiration. Allow leather to dry completely before storing it in pouch or sealed bag.

 

WHAT IF I LOST ONE EARRING?

Don't worry! If you should lose a single earring, we will sell you a new pair at half price with receiving your remaining earring. Just reach out to us through our CONTACT US page.